Thursday, February 14, 2013

Are we nuts?

     According to popular culture Albert Einstein said "doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results" was the definition of insanity.  How many of us have functioned in this manner? 

     We arise each day and proceed to our place of employ and trade our time for dollars.  Generally those dollars are at a set rate per hour of our lives.  That could be at $7.25 per hour, the current federal minimum wage, or more.  Of course there are exceptions to this.  Widespread throughout the service industry employees are paid substantially less on an hourly basis.  Then there are positions which pay substantially more.  Whatever your particular circumstances, is it really possible to be adequately compensated for a substantial amount of your life.  If you are not a CEO, board member or corporate officer are you able to partake in any significant manner in the revenues of your employer?  Can one even be adequately compensated in trading their time for money?

     Financial independence is exceeding rarely achieved by the individual whose income is wage based.  One need not be an economist to recognize this.  The holders of the majority of the wealth in the United States do not rely upon wages for their livelihood.  Furthermore, the VAST MAJORITY of the wealth in the United States is concentrated within 20% of the population.  It would seem to follow that to achieve financial independent one must identify and engage in wealth producing activities other than trading your time for dollars at a predetermined rate. 

     Once I came to this realization I concluded I must identify opportunity and act upon it.  I concluded that my best investment was in my self.  I chose to no longer restrict myself to trading hours for dollars.  It became obvious that an hourly wage could never provide the financial independence and security I desired for me and my family.  There are a finite number of hours that one may work.  Consequently, there is a limit to what one may earn.  Accordingly, I will be restricted in my ability to provide for myself, my loved ones, and any social issues which may concern me.

     By financial independence I do not mean a life of opulence misspent in selfishness.  Rather, I mean the ability to live without a constant fear of catastrophic disaster.  I want to be able to meet my obligations and still be able to help others.  I would like to be able to begin to address social inequities which I perceive to exist.

     I have been blessed with being provided with a process to achieve that which I desired.  That desire being to provide for my self and others.  If you have such a desire I would love to share the process with you.  Ultimately, we are all in this together.  You cannot sink just one end of the ship.  If you have any comments or questions please feel free to leave them as comments or you can contact me at 972-765-7878 or via email at sgtmawesley@gmail.com.

  

No comments:

Post a Comment