Monday, June 5, 2017

It's a MESS!

02/16/17  “To be honest, I inherited a mess,”
02/18/17  "I inherited a MESS and am in the process of fixing it."
02/24/17   "I inherited a mess, believe me."
03/16/17   "when I came into this job I inherited a mess..."
04/05/17 “Whether it’s the Middle East, whether it’s North
Korea, whether it’s so many other things, whether it’s in our country, horrible trade deals, I inherited a mess.”

To be sure, there’s no point in fact-checking every individual detail Trump struggles to understand, but it’s worth emphasizing a simple truth: the president doesn’t know how good he has it. Trump took office at a time of low unemployment, steady economic growth, the lowest uninsured rate on record, low crime, low inflation, a modest deficit, a rising stock market, and a country that’s broadly respected around the world. 
That’s not to say the nation isn’t facing real challenges, or that there aren’t many communities in need of assistance, but broadly speaking, these are conditions most new presidents would be thrilled to inherit.



Credit to nytimes, dailycaller.com, Steve Benen, FoxNews

No comments:

Post a Comment